Centre for Forensic Science
The Centre promotes Forensic Science as a multidisciplinary methodology applied within a scientific, legal and political structure. The concept of crime and its traces (remnant of people and activity) is central to our philosophy.
The Centre provides high-quality education, enhanced professional practice and integrate high-calibre research and independent services for the benefit of society. The Centre also offers an independent investigative and consulting service through the UTS commercial company, AccessUTS Limited.
Hosting recognised leaders in Forensic Science research, the Centre is also a formal University Research Strength.
- Bachelor of Forensic Science in Applied Chemistry
- Bachelor of Forensic Biology in Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Forensics
- Bachelor of Forensic Science (Honours) in Applied Chemistry
- Master of Science – Forensic Science
- Research Degrees – MSc by Research and PhD
View the list of 2013 Forensic Science Honours project proposals (PDF, 698kB).
Visit the School of Chemistry and Forensic Science website.
Download our Research brochure
- DNA and forensic biology
- Toxicology and illicit drugs
- Trace evidence (inc. paint, fibres, glass, fire and explosive residues)
- Forensic analytical chemistry